Last Updated: August 9, 2018
Cookies at Pivot Point Security Inc.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognize, measure and track visitors to our Site. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Site works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of the site that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Site are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Site then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of the site to the individual user.
- Amending Internet browser settings to disable cookies. You can configure your browser to send accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies that have already been set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our Site. In addition, a number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Sites anonymously.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
You can use your web browser to:
- Delete all cookies;
- Block all cookies;
- Allow all cookies;
- Block third-party cookies;
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- Open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- Install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
The cookies we use
Here is a complete list of cookies the Site uses with descriptions and expiration information.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies on the following third-party website: