Information Security For Industries
Incident Response Information
While we have highlighted a few industries that tend to have unique information security and compliance challenges, our list is by no means definitive or complete. If you are looking for a partner to help you with your information security and compliance challenges, there are three key attributes you should look for:
- Information Security & Compliance domain expertise — No matter what industry you are in, this is the most critical decision factor. Domain expertise is industry-independent.
- Organizational Character – Will they deliver on their promise in a transparent manner, look out for our best interests, handle adversity with professionalism, and make the process agreeable? No matter what industry you are in, this is somewhere between “nice to have” and critical.
- Industry Experience – Do they understand your issues? The importance of industry expertise varies widely and is most important if you face unique concerns like:
- External Contexts – Regulations, business conditions, financial and political environments, shareholders, stakeholder expectations, threat agents
- Internal Contexts – Corporate culture; key resources including personnel, systems, processes, and capital
Logical Contexts – technologies, reliance on third parties, risk impacts
The more specific these contexts are to your industry or circumstances, the more important industry expertise is in your decision-making process. We have worked with clients in many industries beyond those listed below. If you’re curious as to whether we have worked in your particular vertical, please check out this list, visit our blog, and/or drop us a line and we can fill you in.