About Pivot Point Security
Leading Information Security Assessment and Consulting Firm
Since 2001, Pivot Point Security has been helping organizations understand and effectively manage their information security risk. We work as a logical extension of your team simplifying the complexities of security and compliance. We’re where to turn – when infosec gets challenging.
Where To Turn
What Makes Pivot Point Security Unique?
- Focused on Customer Value – We align our goals with our customers’ goals so we only win when our customers win. Staffing our organization with quality full-time experts gives our clients a level of service a one-and-done contractor cannot provide.
- Proven Success – We align ourselves with trusted, widely accepted & proven security standards to ensure our guidance is optimized, repeatable, independent, and actionable.
- Single Partner – Our information assurance focus means our clients can utilize us as a single point of information security expertise. We leave other professional services to other professionals; information security is our thing.
- Assured Success – Our goals are our clients’ goals. If we don’t accomplish our clients’ goals, we didn’t earn our fee.
We make it easier to know you’re secure and prove you’re compliant by:
- Focusing on the core group of security assessment services you need to do so;
- Taking the time to understand your business and then optimizing our approach for your unique situation;
- Delivering reports and guidance that are easily understood and acted on by both management and technical personnel; and
- Basing your assessment and recommendations on trusted, “open” (non-proprietary, non-vendor specific) guidance to simplify the process of operating and maintaining your Information Security Management System after we leave.
Pivot Point Security has been architected to provide maximum levels of independent and objective information security expertise to our varied client base. Our policy of not selling product and our absolute focus on four core practice areas; Security Assessments, Ethical Hacking, Compliance Assessments, and ISMS Consulting ensures that we have the highest possible levels of competence and independence. Coupling this with our “mutual benefit”-centric approach has allowed us to earn the trust of our clients, many of whom we have enjoyed working with since our founding. We count amongst our satisfied client base, small family run organizations and some of the world’s largest multi-nationals. Our clients span a diverse cross-section of market sectors including Law Firms, SaaS Organizations, Non-Profits, Pharmaceuticals, Financials, Telecommunications, and Government.
Pivot Point Security has the right combination of Information Security / Compliance domain expertise, technology industry knowledge & experience, and organizational character to simplify the process of defining and executing on the best course of action so you can know you’re secure and prove you’re compliant.
Pivot Point Security
957 Route 33, Suite 111
Hamilton, NJ 08690
NJ SBE w/ State Contract: 77560
John Verry, Security Sherpa
John Verry takes his role as “Security Sherpa” (guide) quite seriously, believing that security is a path not a destination; he is committed to helping entities of all sizes and shapes achieve their security goals. He has led hundreds of high-profile security assessments across diverse noteworthy systems in government, telecommunications, critical infrastructure, finance and transportation for over ten years. A frequent speaker on information assurance, Verry often emphasizes management’s role in controlling information security risk. He frequently shares his expertise on the PPS blog and has authored numerous information assurance white papers and articles.