Is Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Authorization to Operate (ATO) the right move for your business? Subject matter experts at Pivot Point Security can help you determine whether you should pursue authorization, and what approach to take (Agency ATO versus GSA/JAB provisional authorization).
Pivot Point can also help you understand the impact of FIPS 199 security categorization (Low, Moderate or High) on your work effort, costs and operations. Another important point of discussion would be your options for integrating/leveraging FedRAMP efforts with other information security (ISO 27001, HITRUST) or regulatory compliance (PCI, HIPAA) frameworks.
As part of its consulting services, Pivot Point Security will help FedRAMP ATO candidates to:
- Determine proper FIPS-199 Security Categorization (800-60 Impact Level Determination) to drive Scope determination
- Determine optimum FedRAMP scope to balance client needs and project resource requirements (personnel, third-party support, expenditures, and time)
- Formally initiate the FedRAMP Authorization Process with Agency or GSA personnel
- Select a Third Party Assessor Organization (3PAO) to conduct the required testing
- Develop all required documentation—most notably the System Security Plan (SSP)
- Act as a liaison for the ongoing and iterative communications between the Cloud Service Provider, 3PAO, and GSA/Agency
- Coordinate 3PAO testing
- Update any documentation and/or develop a Plan of Action and Milestones as required for GSA/Agency/3PAO testing
- Prepare the final paperwork submission for ATO
Why partner with Pivot Point Security?
Success: Our consultative process and roadmap have been vetted across dozens of FedRAMP and ISO 27001 projects, resulting in a 100% success rate for PPS clients.
Expertise: The Pivot Point team is exceptionally knowledgeable about NIST/FISMA, with considerable experience on both the 3PAO and consultative sides of the process.
Continuity: Pivot Point Security’s pure information assurance focus, deep expertise, and complementary services (e.g., ISO 27001 and SOC2 certification, and application and network penetration testing) give you the option of a simpler, single-vendor approach across all of your assurance, attestation and/or security initiatives.
Certainty: Pivot Point Security will make your satisfaction a certainty via our services guarantee, make your costs a certainty via our fixed price agreement, and make your success a certainty via our Authorization guarantee.
A 10-minute call with a consultant could save you hours of research.