What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001, also known as ISO/IEC 27001, is an Information Security Management System (ISMS) standard created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
What is ISO/IEC 27001?
It is a formal set of guidelines and specifications for organizations to use in developing their information security framework. This standard mandates a particular set of controls that need to be in place for your ISMS. Therefore, organizations that claim to have adopted ISO 27001 can be formally audited and certified compliant with the standard.
It is this ability to certify the operation of an ISMS that makes the standard unique and makes it ideal to be used as a form of independent attestation to the design and operation of an Information Security program. Pivot Point Security is a leading consulting firm for ISO 27001 certification and has worked with organizations of all sizes.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
- Gives your organization market advantage by differentiating you from competitors.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Increased organizational efficiency.
- Minimizes business continuity risks.
- Provides operational processes for overall information security.
- An organization adhering to the 27001 standard can also simultaneously fulfill other compliance requirements including HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, and Identity Theft/Personally Identifiable Information regulations with minimal additional effort.